in case you're like me and have lost then found, then lost, then found this recipe card a few times, i'm posting it here. i just made these today and oh, the good memories came rushing back!
slight changes and tips:
• make sure butter and egg are room temp.
• add 1/2 tsp salt to dry ingredients.
• cream butter and sugar for a nice long time (2-3 minutes).
• substitute 2 tsp additional vanilla if you don't have almond extract.
• the cookies don't expand much at all so you can pack them in rather close on the cookie sheet.
• rotate between two or three cookie sheets if you have them, scrapping off and letting cool outside between baking (make use of that frigid weather).