3 3/4 cups flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 cup sugar
1 1/3 cup butter, melted and cooled a bit
2 eggs, at room temp
1 pkg yeast (~ 1 heaping Tablespoon)
3/4 cup water, warm
2 tsp. vanilla
225 grams (8 oz) pearl sugar (carried by some stores and can be found online)
1. Mix flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle.
2. Melt the butter. Beat the eggs well, then add the melted (and cooled a bit) butter and the yeast. Mix well. Add the water and vanilla and mix again. Let that sit (1-3 minutes) to make sure the yeast is foaming.
3. Pour the wet ingredients into the well of the dry ingredients and mix. Knead for about 10 minutes. The dough will be a bit sticky.
4. Place the dough in a warm place and allow it to rise 15-30 minutes.
5. Five to ten minutes before baking add the pearl sugar.
6. Shape the dough into a squarish circle (ha!) and flatten with hands, then place the dough in a HOT waffle iron. Let bake and eat immediately as this is key to the deliciousness.
adapted from a recipe found here.