Honey Mustard Chicken
This recipe comes from our sister-in-law, Jen, and is delicious, healthy, and light making it perfect for the summer season. It is an easy meal to make but looks great on a plate which makes it ideal for entertaining.
Serve atop brown or white rice with a fresh fruit or vegetable salad.
4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, and frozen)
1 teaspoon paprika
8 lemon slices
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup spicy brown mustard or Dijon
1 teaspoon dried minced onion
1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line a 10x9 baking pan with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray (I just use a glass Pyrex dish and forgo the foil and just spray with olive oil non-stick spray).
3. Remove protective ice glaze from frozen chicken breasts by holding under running water for 1-2 minutes. Arrange frozen chicken breasts in single layer in prepared pan. Sprinkle chicken, breasts with paprika then place 2 lemon slices on each breast. Bake for 30 minutes.
4. Meanwhile in a small microwave bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Stir to mix in well. Microwave sauce on high for 2 minutes. Stir.
5. After chicken has baked for 30 minutes, drain and discard juices. Spoon sauce over chicken in pan. Bake at 375 for 10-15 minutes or until done.
hint for rice:
Add a little olive oil (a recent tip from kel) and chicken bullion (about 1 cube or to taste) and a small bit of garlic to the water before it begins to boil. This will make the rice have a little flavor to add to the dish.