This curd is great with tea scones. The flavor is intense and so fresh!
2 large lemons, juiced
3/4 cups sugar
2 egg yolks
1 and 1/4 tsp lemon zest (from lemons above)
pinch of salt
1/2 cup cold butter, diced
1. In a saucepan combine the lemon zest and the sugar.
2. Whisk in the yolks and then the whole eggs. Add salt.
3. Slowly add the lemon juice from the lemons. The mixture will be thick.
4. Put the saucepan over medium heat and stir continuously, until thickened. The mixture will physically change from just thick and light to more bubbly and thick.
5. Remove from heat and add bits of butter while whisking until all butter is added and melted.
6. Let cool and enjoy!
This recipe is simplified and based off of the recipe at cafejohsonia.