6 lasagna noodles
2.5 - 3 cups marinara sauce (~24 oz. jar)
1 16 oz. can of diced tomatoes (optional)
2 cups grated mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 - 3 cups fresh spinach (or 1 package frozen spinach)
1 15 oz. container of ricotta cheese
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. fresh ground pepper
1 tsp. olive oil
1. Boil lasagna noodles according to directions.
2. Warm fresh (or frozen) spinach in a frying pan with a teaspoon of olive oil until wilted (or warmed throughout). Mix spinach with marinara sauce (and diced tomatoes if using them).
3. Mix ricotta, parmesan, 1.5 cups mozarella, and salt and pepper together.
4. In an 8x8 baking dish, begin to layer. Place a heaping spoonful of sauce on the bottom, then layer with noodles, half of the cheese mixture, and ~1/2 cup sauce. Layer again: noodles, the rest of the cheese mixture, ~1/2 cup sauce. Last layer will be noodles, rest of sauce, and .5 cups mozzarella cheese.
5. Put in oven at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. You could also put this in the toaster oven at the same temp and time for excellent results.