This is one of the easiest tikka masala recipes I've made. And who doesn't like tikka masala? You can make it vegetarian by replacing chicken with tofu.
4 chicken breasts
1 package extra firm tofu
1 cup plain yogurt
2 Tbsp lemon juice (juice from 1 small lemon)
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp red pepper
2 tsp black pepper
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp salt
1 tsp ground ginger
1 Tbsp unsalted butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeno, minced
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp Garam Masala
1/2 tsp salt
1 14.5 oz can tomato sauce
1 15 oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1-2 cups cream
1. Combine yogurt, lemon juice, cumin, red pepper, black pepper, cinnamon, salt, and ground ginger in a dish or large ziploc bag for the marinade.
2. Cut the chicken or tofu into 1-inch cubes and toss in marinade to coat. Place in fridge 1-2 hours.
3. Prepare the sauce: melt the butter over medium heat. Add garlic and jalapeno and cook for 1 minute. Add coriander, cumin, paprika, garam masala, and salt, stir to combine.
4. Add tomato sauce and chickpeas, simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Cook chicken or tofu in skillet until done. Add to the sauce then stir in cream according to
desired spiciness: 1 cup for hot-medium, 2 cups for medium-mild.
Serve over basmati or jasmine rice and naan, garnish with fresh cilantro.