Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
2 cups white flour
2 cups white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups canned pumpkin (or cooked and pureed)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla
2/3 cup water
1 1 /2 cups chocolate chips (the darker the better in my opinion)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F degrees and grease three 8x4 inch loaf pans.
2. In a large bowl whisk flours, sugars, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt together then stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
3. In a medium bowl whisk together pumpkin, oil, applesauce, eggs, vanilla and water.
4. Using a big wooden spoon, stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined. Do not overmix.
5. Divide batter between prepared pans and bake for 55-65 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
6. Cool for 25 minutes in pans before turning out onto wire racks.