three ingredients make this banana bread better than any other i've tasted: brown sugar, butter, and yogurt.
2 cups flour (whole wheat is best but all-purpose is fine)
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3 very ripe, soft, brown-speckled large bananas (or 4 medium)
6 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup walnuts, pecans, chocolate chips (optional)
1. preheat oven to 350° and grease a 9" x 5" loaf pan. whisk flour, sugar, soda, baking powder and salt together in a large bowl. if you're making the bread with nuts or chocolate chips whisk them into the dry mixture as well. set aside.
2. cut the butter into several pieces and melt, then let slightly cool.
3. in a medium bowl, mash the bananas very well. add the butter, yogurt, eggs and vanilla mixing with the whisk after each added ingredient.
4. gently fold wet mixture into dry mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula just until incorporated. scrape batter into greased loaf pan. bake for 50-55 minutes or until an instered toothpick comes out clean.
5. remove bread from pan and allow it to cool on a rack or cloth. enjoy!