Who could pass up cilantro, lime, and shrimp? Not I. This fresh and delicious way to eat shrimp will keep you coming back for seconds and thirds.
1 c. long-grain white rice
1/2 c. fresh cilantro leaves
2 Tbs. olive oil
1/2 lb. green beans, halved crosswise
4 cloves garlic
1 to 2 red jalapeno peppers, thinly sliced
kosher salt and black pepper
1 1/2 lbs. pealed and deveined large shrimp
1 1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 c. fresh lime juice
1. Cook the rice according to the package directions. Fluff with a fork and fold in the cilantro.
2. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
3. Add the green beans, garlic, jalapenos, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and add to the skillet.
4. Season the shrimp with the chili powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and add to the skillet.
5. Cook, tossing occasionally, until opaque throughout, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the lime juice and serve over the rice.
Recipe and photo from Real Simple magazine.