2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup yellow corn meal (fine stone ground)
1 ½ tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter melted and slightly cooled
3/4 cup sour cream or whole milk yogurt
1/2 cup milk
1. preheat oven to 400° and grease 9" x 5" loaf pan or 12-cup muffin tin.
2. whisk flour, cornmeal, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl, set aside.
3. in a smaller bowl whisk the eggs until well combined. add sugar to eggs and whisk until smooth and homogeneous. add butter in three additions mixing after each addition. mix in milk, then sour cream or yogurt until well combined.
4. add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix gently with a rubber spatula just until batter is combined - do not over mix.
5. drop batter into loaf pan or muffin tin (don't level or flatten the batter) and bake for 50-55 minutes for loaf or 15-20 for muffins.