1 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, chopped
3 cans diced tomatoes, divided
1 cup chicken broth
4 oz. cream cheese
salt to taste
1. Sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until tender.
2. Add two cans of the tomatoes, all of the tomato juice and the chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
3. Add cream cheese and let it melt into small pieces.
4. Carefully transfer hot soup to a blender and blend until smooth and even textured. NOTE: Don't fill blender too high and make sure to leave an opening for the steam escape! If necessary, blend in two batches.
5. Return soup to pan, add the last can of the tomatoes, add salt to taste and warm through.
Serve with grilled or toasty cheese.