8 cups regular rolled oats
1 ½ cups brown sugar
8 oz. coconut flakes (unsweetened is best)
1 ½ cups nuts or seeds
½ vegetable oil
¾ cup honey
2 tsp vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325°. Stir oats, sugar, coconut and nuts/seeds together.
2. In a small pan over medium heat, heat the oil, honey and vanilla stirring until bubbling.
3. Thoroughly mix the wet and dry ingredients. Grease 2 10” x 15” rimmed baking sheets, divide granola between the pans, spreading evenly.
4. Bake uncovered for 15 – 20 minutes or until lightly browned, turning two or three times with a spatula.
5. Remove pans from oven, stir a few more times and let cool. Remove with a spatula. Store in airtight container.
recipe from Kel - by way of Carolyn Brooks, by way of Jill Spencer